Looking for a Well-Qualified Medical Assistant
Active Recovery Care / Family Allergy Clinic is looking for a well-qualified Medical Assistant to join our team. The Family Allergy Clinic & Wellness Center is a rapidly growing nurse practitioner run practice specializing primarily in allergen immunotherapy, allergy testing and asthma management. Additionally, the wellness side of the practice incorporates complementary services, such as IV hydration, weight loss, PRP, Bio-identical hormone replacement, and aesthetics. Active Recovery Care is the mental health side of the practice, with psychiatric medication management, substance use disorder, and Ketamine-assisted psychotherapy.
Our mission is to provide patient-centered care, quality customer service, while providing an enjoyable workplace environment. We are looking for a Certified Medical Assistant with a strong work ethic, excellent patient rapport, and willing to grow with the practice as we add additional providers and services.
Well-Qualified Medical Assistant
- Provides general care to patients. Administers appropriate allergy testing, medication administration, and treatments as directed.
- Maintains immunotherapy room with supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
- Maintains accurate patient records.
- Informs and educates patients on necessary office protocols post injection (wait times, frequency of injections, etc.)
- Reacts appropriately in patient reaction situations, informs providers and/or clinical staff as necessary to mitigate adverse reactions.
- Perform immunotherapy vial mixing for both sublingual immunotherapy and subcutaneous injections.
- Perform weight loss injections, vitamins and records weight, measurements, and vital signs.
- Prepares and dispenses medications as prescribed by clinician.
- Assist with front office duties as needed (phone, scheduling, faxing, insurance eligibility).
- Assists in obtaining prior authorization for prescriptions and/or procedures, as directed by clinician/office staff.
- Orders specialty medications, proper storage of various specialty medications, ensures we have patients’ dose prior to their scheduled appointments.
- Performs venipuncture/lab testing as ordered by clinician and schedules specimen pick-ups, track results, ensures clinician access to results in a timely manner.
- Responsible for following OSHA regulations and office safety protocols.
- Maintains patient, employee, and clinic confidentiality.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES:
- Completed a certified Medical Assistant program and passed the MA examination (or willingness to obtain certification).
- Applicable allergy practice experience is preferred but will train the right candidate.
- BLS/CPR certification (or willingness to obtain).
- Must be able to perform complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge in a variety of situations and exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills required.
- Electronic health record experience preferred.
- Full-time position
- Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 5:15 pm.
- 2-weeks PTO (available after 90 days)/State mandated sick time
- 6 paid holidays
- Reimbursement for BLS/CPR
- Pay commensurate with level of experience.